I've been trying to enjoy my holidays all day but I keep getting embroiled with annoying expatriates: the ones who, within minutes of meeting you, assume you're dying to escape your home country but can't. You only have to mention you had your holidays in '- - -' and liked it there, and suddenly you're under pressure - real pressure - as to why you haven't moved there.
'Oh but it'd be easy, love,' they say. And you say, 'but I-'
'Don't worry about your family,' they say. 'You can always go back and visit!' And you say 'well, actually I-'
'What's stopping you? Y' can find work out here easy enough! Home from home, love'
Oh to give them my real answer: 'Go away, idiot. I like England and I'm s-t-a-y-i-n-g there.' Surely travelling around and seeing places for a while is enough? And isn't that, after a while, all just a bit ... silly? Come on, someone has to say it. You get to see good things but the grass isn't greener, just because you're travelling. Or moving to some tropical island, damn it.
Today's mood: #41 - Rock the Boat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment