Thursday, 4 December 2008

Hell yeah

Goodbye Music City. I liked the hostel lady because she spiked my tea with Jack Daniels. I'm not sleeping too good and wondered did she have any further alcoholic recipes for night-time wellbeing? She looked at Richard and said, 'jus' wear her out, buddy.'
Blush count: 17

Memphis = Blues Capital. There is a large waterway called the 'Mississippi.' Interestingly, this city's namesake is in Egypt, which is why there is an enormous glittering pyramid at the gateway. FYI Memphis is also the hardwood lumber capital of the world. There is a dwelling called 'Graceland' somewhere around here too ( I just don't like Elvis. I longed to vandalise the statue of him at the Visitor Centre and there are others who must feel the same).
May I recommend the Gibson Guitar factory.
We have walked with our feet 10 feet off the Beale etc and would have had a romantic walk along the waterside had it not been for R's obsession with taking pictures of boring barges / himself (in various postions) by that bloody pyramid.
Also today: catfish

No comments: