Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Washington

North to the 'Evergreen State,' home of juicy fruits and Microsoft.
Greyhound buses: you get what you pay for, company included. Last night a fracas broke out on board over the seating but the driver didn't seem too concerned. 'Folks if you have any problems I can generally be found t'ord the front of the vehicle' he drawled. This morning we actually broke down somewhere in Oregon. 'Dude this sucks!' yelled a greasy youth pleasantly. We may investigate other forms of transport for the way back down.
We alighted in gorgeous Seattle - what excitement! But the way to our hostel was by no means clear. I felt the time had come for Richard to relieve me of my 'One who asks for Directions' role. Suddenly Richard was nowhere to be seen.
Currently looking up interesting things to do and see: several travellers have gushed 'you must visit the first ever Starbucks cafe.' Why on Earth would I want to do that? I suppose they're just trying to be helpful

No comments: