Tuesday, 2 December 2008

American-style curry and beer


We have become part of a band of 13 road-trippers, all in their 20s and 30s and pleasant / sane at time of writing. Richard with his endless knowledge and loud voice / authoritative hair has already established himself as a key member of the Group. I lack any such features, and also have a tendency to shun people in groups above 4 - so may need to work on my position a little
In all we were on the road for 11 hours yesterday. En route we encountered Walmart, the Tesco of the United States. It is like Tesco, only supersized, and saccharine-sweet - until you reach the
Gun Section.
I rose early today and decided to hike out alone into the Appalachians and set a standard for the others; maybe even fight some bears.
A wall of ice hit me as I opened the door. I marched 50 yards out into the snow, said 'ho hum,' turned and went back inside.
For further information on this area please refer to notes of other great traveller, Bill Bryson.

No comments: