Friday, 2 January 2009

Alien beings

Yesterday we visited Seattle's Science Ficton Museum - the world's first of its kind. I was in heaven but it was busy, with the usual clutch of people who assume they have the right to walk straight through you as you innocently try to take in the Cyborg section, and who hover uncomfortably close to your face, glaring, when they discover that they actually can't.
Later on- a night in was necessary and I needed space as always. Tired of being asked to say 'this is the 9 o'clock news' and 'Harry Pot-ter and the Philos-opher's Stone' (etc) I skulked off to the wonderful cinema in the basement. It was empty! I settled down with some suitably creepy sci-fi but to my disgust other hostel-goers appeared and began perching all around. One of them had a cold. That was the end of that.

No comments: