Thursday, 27 November 2008

Enough already

Last night we 'hung' with some 'dudes' at the Ding Dong bar off 105th St as recommended by a European hostel worker ('zer music it is underground und dark'). After one drink I was keen to slink away but R was busy discussing ways to take over the world with a Nigerian called Abi. I chimed in, 'can't we all just co-exist instead of trying to dominate each other all the time?'
'Communist,' said Richard. I retreated into the shadows.
This morning we pondered over how best to spend our remaining hours in New York.
'Sweetheart, I've got it!' cried an earwigging lady. 'All the shops open at 4am the day after Thanksgiving!' Richard said, 'want to give it a whirl?' I said I'd rather eat broken glass. We plumped for drifting around Central Park and watching the Thanksgiving Parade. Camping adventures next.
Camping. Me + camping.
Hmmm.

No comments: