Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Welcome, Sophie

I've had one or two to drink, so I'm just going to talk at random. It's Bonfire Night, which doesn't involve anything I want to partake in, so I find myself scowling into my wine and thinking, whatever happened to excited, sparkler-loving Laura? Grumble. She saw sense, that's what. Frown.
Less than 3 weeks until we go. How has that happened?
I wonder who'll cater for those mangey cats we've got lodging in the shed. They appear to have migrated at random from nearby hills. R likes them there because they control the rat population; always a worry on farms. I'm not keen on the little deviants - they look so bedraggled though and I haven't the heart to let them starve
Someone at work became a father today.
It's happening all around us. Richard and I appear to be on some sort of shrinking ice floe. Soon we'll be completely marooned on our little island. I sometimes get edgy. Should we be following suit? ...But no. I've never felt even slightly maternal. Shrug.
Also today: we ('we' she says) have a new president, in the form of Barrack Obama: Democrat, 47 years of age, no. 44 should you wish to know. Of all the presidential races to date, the tallest candidate has always won. Fact.

No comments: