Thursday, 27 November 2008

Somebody get me some frickin' donuts

Here we are in New York, population 9m, or 8.2 depending on source
I loathe flying and was glad to reach the USA.
Once at JFK we were immediately flummoxed by the new transport system. Determined not to look vulnerable, we struck out into the crowd purposefully, pointing sagely at random signs and objects.
Where we were actually going was anybody's guess.
We eventually reached Central Park and our hostel room, which I disliked at once.
'Get used to it,' growled Richard, whereupon I began hurling the contents of my backpack around the room, princess-like, and demanding that we 'go home.'
All forgotten today however - we've walked the entire length of Manhattan. We boarded the Staten Island Ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty (a pleasing shade of bluey-turquoise). At Times Square I piped, 'look Richard, there's the debt counter - for our holiday so far.'
We also ascended a vast structure called the 'Empire State Building.' It was nice.
To be continued

No comments: